Wednesday, June 30, 2010

This Week.

Ruby recovered nicely from her surgery and got her stitches out on Friday. Since then, she's been free to go for walks, chase cats and bunnies, and run crazy around the yard as much as she wants. She's found ample opportunity to do all those things, and more.



Here's me trying to take a nap. Nothing says restful slumber like 75 pounds of puppy on your stomach.








But when I get up, I get this face:
















On a nice warm evening last week, we had a few cocktails on the back deck. Ruby had her first taste of beer. She didn't hate it. But then she got distracted by a wayward bottle cap and lost interest.













Her growth is changing. She seems to be filling out, getting bulkier, instead of just continuing to get taller and lankier. Her feet get bigger and bigger by the day.
I did have to go out and upgrade from the choke collar. It just doesn't seem to matter to her any longer that it is pulled tight to the point that she can't breathe. And she pulls so hard when she wants to, that it nearly takes me off my feet. The boy wouldn't let me buy the prong collar. We tried a gentle leader, quite unsuccessfully, at Petco. After a few minutes of her writhing all over the floor, I went with this snazzy number:

It's what all the sexy dogs are wearing this year. Most importantly, I now have complete control over her. A big relief. I tried taking Sophie and Ruby for a walk together. That was funny.



I can't even explain this picture. I think it speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruby

Ruby
Ruby at 5 weeks.

Contributors